Tuesday 10 January 2012

Audience of One.




Matthew 22:34-40
34 But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. 35 Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” 37 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

1 comment:

  1. loving the Lord with all your heart-I truly believe that it's the origin for many wonderful things to come. I had not known the Lord's love my entire life, so looking back on my life and seeing the areas where there was a void I can see that without the Lord's love many other things fall short. the Lord's love is the true love, unconditional, and limitless. Only when we can understand and appreciate that can we ourselves be able to produce it. prior to truly realizing God's love I had no sense of what true love is, and since I had no sense, I myself could not try to mimic that love. this caused me to not be able to even begin to act out verse 39. for how was I to love my neighbor, truly love my neighbor if my perception of love was always false? it is only when I realized and appreciated the Lord's love for me, that I felt love in its true and only form, and from then I had something that I could try and follow.
    it is very important to realize and appreciate this passage, for if we do not understand and appreciate the Lords love, all our relationships with our neighbors will not resemble the Lord's love for us.

    I really liked the part regarding loving those that annoy us, I never really thought of it in the way you mentioned. I like the fact that I can tell the Lord that I personally cannot deal with this person, but with the Holy Spirit inside me, guiding me with love, I can learn to deal with this annoying person.

    ReplyDelete