Tuesday 31 January 2012

Stand out.


Leviticus 18:1-5
18 Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘I am the Lord your God. 3 According to the doings of the land of Egypt, where you dwelt, you shall not do; and according to the doings of the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you, you shall not do; nor shall you walk in their ordinances. 4 You shall observe My judgments and keep My ordinances, to walk in them: I am the Lord your God. 5 You shall therefore keep My statutes and My judgments, which if a man does, he shall live by them: I am the Lord.

3 comments:

  1. thank you for the wonderful reminder! me and a friend were just discussing this subject the other day, and how hard it is to let go of material things that conform us to the world. We also discussed that in the beginning, when working towards something that may not be accepted by those around you, it can be hard. however when we realize the real reason why were doing this, it gets much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked today's quiet time and I really loved your meditation!

    For me verse 4 really stuck out - Yous hall observe My judgements and keep my ordinances, to walk in them; I am the Lord your God.

    I thought I often feel like I am waiting for the Lord to convict me either to do something or not to do something. As if I walk daily waiting for Him to tell me what to do in each and every instant. This passage reminded me that He has already told us to Love Him above all and to love our neighbours.

    Sometimes it is easy to forget His will in the daily tasks and look for grand acts instead.

    ReplyDelete