Tuesday 3 January 2012

God is good




Psalm 119:65-72

65 You have dealt well with Your servant, O LORD, according to Your word.
66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge, For I believe Your commandments.
67 Before I was afflicted I went astray, But now I keep Your word.
68 You are good, and do good; Teach me Your statutes.
69 The proud have forged a lie against me, But I will keep Your precepts with my whole heart.
70 Their heart is as fat as grease, But I delight in Your law.
71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes.
72 The law of Your mouth is better to me Than thousands of coins of gold and silver.

2 comments:

  1. 67: Before I was afflicated I went astray, But now I keep Your word.

    I love the Psalmist reaction to his affliction! Before it he went astray and after it he kept the Lord's word. It seems so contrary to how we tend to behave and treat people. If we felt that someone had allowed affliction on us we probably wouldn't want to then follow everything else that Person says.....we would probably feel more inclined to run the other way. But the Paslmist saw that GOD IS GOOD.

    He recognized that All things work together for the good of those who love God (Romans 8:28). Sometimes we just can't see that what is happening is actually good cause our goal or focus is wrong! Sometimes we need a new perspective....God's perspective is as high above ours as heaven is above the earth...He has our best interest at heart, our salvation! :) (Isaiah 55:9)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Psalmists faith, i really hope that when I am faced with troubling thoughts, I can have the same reaction. That in troubling times, I am turn to His good word rather than earthly riches.

    ReplyDelete