Wednesday 25 January 2012

Content.


Philippians 4:10-13
10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. 11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like this passage. In our society we completely neglect to pause and appreciate what it is we have. Constantly we are told and shown that we must push forward, and if we slow down or stop we might be out of the race. However it is clearly shown here that regardless of what we have we need to be content. We need to take more time to practice appreciating and thanking Him for all the gifts He has given us. The difficultly is distinguishing what the world asks of you and what God asks of you, and following His commandment.

    ReplyDelete